Celebrating Every Moment
Every year, National Hospice Month serves as a special opportunity for us to increase awareness about the value and beauty of hospice. From our Time of Remembrance video to our Hospice Lights program to testimonials from staff and more, we hope these things help emphasize that hospice care is about quality of life and meaning...in every moment.Hospice Month 2021
Because Every Moment Matters
Hospice Care honors the deeply personal health care choices of the terminally ill individual and their family. Our compassionate team of caregivers provides guidance and support to help the patient and family manage expectations and live each moment to the fullest.
Our Hospice Services Include:
- Symptom Management for comfort and enhanced quality of life
- Spiritual and emotional support, including music therapy
- Medical social workers for counseling and referrals to other resources
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Aides and homemakers to help with daily activities
- Bereavement and Grief Support for loved ones
- Trained volunteers for companionship and support
- On-call nurses available 24 hours a day
- Individualized care to meet each person’s unique needs
- Care provided in the home you love
Hospice may be the right choice for persons diagnosed with a terminal illness who no longer desire curative treatments or interventions and, in the clinical judgment of the physician, have a life expectancy of six months or less. For those who qualify, there is coverage through Medicare, Medicaid and many commercial insurances.
Lake Sunapee Region VNA & Hospice serves more than 30 towns in the Lake Sunapee, Upper Valley and Connecticut Valley regions of New Hampshire, including Acworth, Andover, Bradford, Canaan, Charlestown, Claremont, Cornish, Croydon, Danbury, Dorchester, Elkins, Enfield, Etna, Georges Mills, Goshen, Grafton, Grantham, Hanover, Langdon, Lebanon, Lempster, Lyme, Meriden, New London, Newbury, Newport, Orange, Plainfield, Salisbury, Springfield, Sunapee, Sutton, Unity, Warner, Washington and Wilmot.